LinkedIn is often misunderstood by some busy sales leaders and B2B sales professionals in a number of industries. If you are a seller or sales leader, you need to do these 3 things NOW:
- maximize your professional profile (and support your reps to maximize theirs)
- make sure your business profile is well written
- start publishing on LinkedIn to help build trust about who you are and what you stand for
Your Professional Profile
- what is it that you do
- use keywords
- search for resources online if you need help - there are LOTS
Your Business Profile
- look up your business on LinkedIn - create one if nothing there
- make sure it is well written
- many resources have been posted that are helpful
Here is an article from LinkedIn about "Building a Presence For Your Business"
- start thinking about “Inbound Marketing” and how you pull people towards you
- LinkedIn is a community of over 364 million in over 200 countries and territories
- over 39 million students and recent grads for those hiring / recruiting
Read the post from LinkedIn blog on "New Analytics for Publishing on LinkedIn"
Finally, if you have a free account, you can do a lot - BUT consider upgrading your account so that you can see who has viewed your profile . You can also send LinkedIn's InMail with a paid account. I'll give you more background on this when we next talk about inbound marketing. [LinkedIn is not a sponsor - this is just a no-brainer must do that pays for itself as soon on of your visitors converts to a customer or refers you one.]
Lori Richardson is recognized on Forbes as one of the "Top 30 Social Sales Influencers" worldwide and is a Top 25 Innovative Sales Blogger. Lori speaks, writes, trains, and consults with inside sales teams in mid-sized companies. Subscribe to the award-winning blog for sales strategies, tactics, and tips.
Increase Opportunities. Expand Your Pipeline. Close More Deals.