Will all your sales team go back to working out of the office?
- Not if their children are not back in school
- Not if they miss that 60-90 minute+ commute each day
- Not if the company believes they don’t need all that office space
- Not if they want to have more client visits (video vs on-site)
- Not if the company likes the CRM being kept up to date
- Not if you care about maximizing rep productivity
But what does this mean for sales managers?
- Sales managers must coach MORE not less
- Sales managers must have daily huddles - one at the start and one at the end of every day
- Sales managers must know exactly how to motivate each team member
Most sales managers do not even spend 25% of their time coaching. Having a quick 10-minute call is NOT coaching. Coaching must have a lesson and a next action. Coaching must happen every week and we recommend they be scheduled like a sales call - you don't miss sales calls. Leaders MUST must hold their sales managers accountable for coaching and developing their teams. But that brings up the accountability issue, the need to be liked, the “we hired” people that don’t need to be coached – do you really believe that?
(We call them Huddles)
Plural. That’s right – have one “stand up” meeting (sales huddle) at the start of the day and one at the end of day. In as little as 10 minutes for each session, you can hear what each team member is focused on and plans to accomplish. At the end of the day they can share a quick success.
Start of day Huddle
Ask each rep on the call:
- What was a big accomplishment they made yesterday?
- What is their big goal for today?
End of day Huddle
Ask each rep on the call:
- Did they make their goal?
- Did they help someone on the team?
- What did you learn?
These quick meetings should be no longer than 10 minutes and must be:
- Simple and quick
Do you think you know what motivates them or do you really know?
You cannot possibly expect reps on your team to be top performers if you do not know what motivates them. Your answer must be based on data. Would you like our help?
Like Our Help?
Lori Richardson is CEO of Score More Sales, a top B2B sales strategy firm helping mid-sized companies grow revenues by solving key issues in their sales department - like recruiting, retention, diversity hiring, process, pipeline and leadership. Lori is also President of Women's Sales Pros - a community created to help move the needle for more women in sales and sales leadership roles. She speaks at CEO groups on topics of sales growth and the importance and value of diversity. Clients include companies in the technology, telecom, manufacturing, distribution, and professional services industries. LinkedIn named Lori as one of 15 Influencers Sales Pros Should Follow in 2020. Lori received the 2019 "Lifetime Achievement Award" from AA-ISP (American Association for Inside Sales Professionals - The Global Inside Sales Association) and was a LinkedIn 2018 Top Sales Voice. Subscribe to the award-winning blog, follow her on Twitter , Instagram and connect on LinkedIn Increase Opportunities. Expand Your Pipeline. Close More Deals. Develop Sales Leaders
email lori@ScoreMoreSales.com | My LinkedIn Profile | @scoremoresales